Loading...
Our History 2016-11-17T15:52:36+00:00

Christian Growth Center church began in 1982 as a bible study of 18 people meeting in their homes in Christiansburg, Virginia. As attendance grew, it was necessary to find a larger meeting place and the decision was made to officially form a church at that time. Meanwhile, in Fort Worth Texas, Rob and Tricia Sowell were working for Kenneth Copeland Ministries when they were invited to conduct a seminar on love and unity in Christiansburg. The Christiansburg group was so inspired they requested that the Sowells stay and pastor the new church.

On June 20 in 1982, Rob and Tricia, having been licensed and ordained by Kenneth Copeland, became pastors of Christian Growth Center. The first Sunday saw an attendance of forty-four people, and during that first year it doubled in size. A larger space was needed and CGC relocated to its current location, 1850 Electric Way. Over the next four years, CGC continued to grow and the decision was made to enlarge the building and the project was officially completed in September of 1987.

To this day God continues to raise up a standard of righteousness in the New River Valley and beyond through Christian Growth Center. Founders Rob and Tricia Sowell are still passionate about equipping and training the saints of God to live victoriously through their covenant rights in Christ Jesus and they have passed this passion down to their spiritual children, Todd and Nikki Hallinan, who now pastor the church. Rob and Tricia continue to operate from CGC as apostles, and travel to help and minister to pastors all over the world.